From time to time, we will post information about local events that may be of interest to our guests.
- Glen Ellen Star – California cuisine from a wood-burning over. Reservations necessary. Our favorite!
- Cafe Citti – homemade pasta, Italian sandwiches
- El Molina Central – amazing Mexican food
- Aventine – enjoy the outdoor patio at the old grist mill
- The Fig Café – casual atmosphere, serves brunch and dinner
- The Glen Ellen Inn – great for lunch or dinner
- Jack London Saloon – local hangout, burgers and beers
- Girl and the Fig – excellent dining, reservation necessary
- LaSalette Restaurant – Portugese/Mediteranean
- Della Santina's – classic Italian
- Shiso Sushi – Quality ingredients, great sushi
- La Casa – Mexican food and margaritas
- Hopmonk Tavern – great beer selection, tavern fare at reasonable prices
- Tasca Tasca – tapas and wine bar
- Sunflower Café – coffee, soups, salad and sandwiches
- Farmstead (St. Helena)
- Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen (St. Helena)
- Bottega (Yountville)
- Ciccio (Yountville)
- Pride Vineyards (appt only) – on Spring Mtn, winery straddles the Sonoma/Napa county line
- Petroni Vineyards – our neighbors at 990 Cavedale Road; cave tastings available (appt only)
- Hamel Family Wines – Hwy 12 at Madrone Rd. Appt. only
- Repris Vineyard (appt only) – great cave and vineyard tour
- Ty Caton – for the Cab lover!
- Benziger Family Winery
- Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards - sparkling wine
- Larson Family Winery
- Kunde – mountaintop wine tasting
- St. Francis Winery – amazing food/wine pairing, reservations required!
- Crocker & Starr (appt only)
- Ladara (appt only)
- Larkmead (appt only)
- Venge (appt only)
- Viadar (appt only)
- Von Strasser (appt only)
- Cain Vineyards (appt only)
- Mayacamus Vineyards (appt only)
- Spring Mountain Vineyards (appt only)
- Swanson Vineyards – for the Salon tasting experience, appt only
- Hess Collection – great art gallery
- Green Dream Tours – private tours in both Napa and Sonoma are available for 2-14 people (http://greendreamtours.com/ 415-692-1644)
- Glen Ellen Village Market – closest market to the house. 13751 Arnold Dr, Glen Ellen. http://www.sonoma-glenellenmkt.com/
- Sonoma Market – the big sister to the Glen Ellen Market – much larger selection. Our favorite market! 500 West Napa Street, Sonoma
- Whole Foods, Safeway and Lucky’s are all on Hwy 12 in Sonoma, about 20 minutes away
Farmer's Markets and Produce Stands
- Valley of the Moon Farmer's Market – Tuesdays 5:30 to dusk, May-Oct (Sonoma Plaza (aka the Square); live music, food and beverages)
- Sonoma Valley Certified Farmer's Market – Fridays (Year-Round) 9am - 12:30pm (Arnold Field parking lot, 241 First St. W., Sonoma)
- Kenwood Farmer's Market - Sundays 10am - 2pm, June-Sept (St. Patricks Church 9000 Sonoma Hwy @ Coffin Street)
- Paul's Produce - Saturdays 9am - 1pm (19655 Arnold Drive, Sonoma)
- Oak Hill Farm - Saturdays 9am - 3pm, May-December (The Red Barn, 15101 Sonoma Hwy, Glen Ellen)
- Flatbed Farm - Saturday 10am - 2ppm (13450 Sonoma Hwy, Glen Ellen)
Hiking, Scenic Walks
- Jack London State Park - 2400 London Ranch Road, Glen Ellen
- You can also book a horseback ride in Jack London State Park - visit Triple Creek Horse Outfit for more information
- Sonoma Valley Regional Park - 13630 Highway 12, Sonoma
- Sugarloaf Ridge State Park - 2605 Adobe Canyon Road, Kenwood
- Mount Hood Regional Park - 1450 N. Pytian Road, Santa Rosa
- North Sonoma Mountain Regional Park - 5297 Sonoma Mountain Road, Santa Rosa
Cavedale Road is a single lane road and not for the faint of heart. However, Cavedale offers spectacular views and gorgeous country side. Pick it up by taking a left at the Volunteer Fire Station just down Trinity Road, and follow it to Hwy 12 (~9 miles, about 30 minutes). Watch for views of San Francisco!
Spring Mountain – Drive the loop over Spring Mountain, linking Hwy 12 and Rte 29. Drive up Napa Valley and back down through Sonoma (or visa versa!). Hint: Pack a picnic lunch, make an appointment at Pride Vineyards, and enjoy the day!
Warm Springs Road – If you are looking to get back to civilization and don’t want to take Highway 12, Warm Springs Rd/Bennett Valley Road is a great alternative. It will eventually drop you on Route 101 in Rohnert Park (south of Santa Rosa). The drive offers farms, wineries, and country homes.
Taxi: Vern’s Taxi: (707) 938-8885
World-class theater, outdoors, in an historic setting, in the Valley of the Moon.
Transcendence Theatre’s “Broadway Under the Stars” is an award-winning series of four Broadway-inspired concerts in Sonoma’s Wine Country, featuring incredible talent from the New York and Hollywood stages and screen.
The summer series of main stage productions will be presented , 2018, at the unique, open-air venue of the historic winery in Jack London State Historic Park. With live orchestration, music, and dance performed under a star-filled sky in the Valley of the Moon, each performance in this annual summer series becomes a magical, memorable night of entertainment.
The “Broadway Under the Stars” experience includes pre-show picnicking at in the park’s sprawling vineyard and meadow. Audiences are invited to enjoy musical entertainment before the main performance with homemade picnics or gourmet picnics purchased at nearby stores. At the venue, there are pre-show picnic options including a variety of food from local gourmet food trucks and vendors and fine wines representing eight Sonoma County wineries.
Summer 2018 offers four unique performances:
STAIRWAY TO PARADISE!
June 15 – July 1
Standards and showstoppers – playfully updated for the best of Broadway on a single stage.
FANTASTICAL FAMILY NIGHT
July 13 – 14
An extraordinary summer tradition featuring Broadway, Disney and everything in between.
SHALL WE DANCE
August 3 – 19
A celebratory musical adventure with electrifying dance, intricate harmonies and ageless melodies.
An end of the season celebration and fundraiser sure to close the summer in extraordinary fashion.
Learn more at TranscendenceTheatre.org.
Every Tuesday from 5:30 pm to dusk
May thru September
Fantastic Farmer's Market every Tuesday in the Square.
This is a true "local's scene": Live Music, Food Vendors, and of course Farm-Fresh Produce. Come stroll the square, grab a bite to eat and stock up on fresh veggies!